ALEGRIA BY PG LITE® NURSING SCHOLARSHIP CONTEST RULES, TERMS & CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT: Please read these Rules, Terms & Conditions (collectively, “Rules”) before uploading a submission for the Alegria by PG Lite® Nursing Scholarship Contest ("Contest"). By uploading the submission for the Contest, entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and represents that entrant satisfies all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS AND CRITERIA, AND THE WINNERS’ MAINTAINING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, AS DEFINED HEREIN.
- Eligibility. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are: (1) at least eighteen (18) years of age; and (2) currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a nursing program at an institution of higher education accredited by the United States Department of Education (https://ope.ed.gov/dapip/#/home). If entrant does not meet any of these requirements or any other eligibility requirements in these Rules, entrant is not eligible to win the Contest, and Pepper Gate Footwear, Inc. ("PEPPER GATE”) reserves the right not to award any scholarship or prize to entrant. If entrant has an APO or FPO mailing address, entrant must identify his/her state of permanent residence. Submissions must be from individuals only; groups, organizations and multiple-party submissions are not eligible. To be eligible to win the scholarship, submissions must be completed and received by PEPPER GATE in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers, agents and employees of PEPPER GATE and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable U.S. federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void where prohibited by law.
- Disclaimer. PEPPER GATE, any participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions, submissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Contest disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of PEPPER GATE or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- Contest Period. The Contest starts on May 1, 2023 at 12:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends on July 31, 2023 at 11:59 P.M. PST ("Contest Period"). All submissions must be received during the Contest Period to be eligible to win a prize. PEPPER GATE’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter. During the Contest Period, visit the Alegria by PG Lite® website Contest page at https://alegriashoes.com/pages/alegria-nursing-scholarship and follow the instructions on how to complete and upload your submission. PEPPER GATE has the right to display all submissions, and any information contained therein, on any Alegria by PG Lite®-associated Internet platforms and social media, including but not limited to the Alegria by PG Lite® website at www.alegriashoes.com, the Alegria by PG Lite® Facebook page at www.facebook.com/alegriashoes, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and/or Vimeo. By uploading his/her submission, entrant agrees that his/her submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions listed below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that PEPPER GATE, in its sole discretion, may remove entrant’s submission and disqualify entrant from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion, that entrant’s submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions. By uploading his/her submission, in addition to rights granted below, entrant: (a) grants to PEPPER GATE all rights necessary to display entrant’s submission, and any information contained therein, on any Alegria by PG Lite®-associated Internet platforms and social media, including but not limited to the Alegria by PG Lite® website at www.alegriashoes.com, the Alegria by PG Lite® Facebook page at www.facebook.com/alegriashoes, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and/or Vimeo; (b) hereby waives any so-called moral (e.g., creative rights) in entrant’s submission; (c) represents and warrants that entrant has the right to grant the rights granted in these Rules; and (d) represents and warrants that entrant’s submission and its use as contemplated in these Rules does not and will not violate, misappropriate or infringe upon any law or regulation or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Submission Guidelines. A submission is comprised of the following: (1) an online application, available at https://alegriashoes.com/pages/alegria-nursing-scholarship, fully completed questionnaire, electronically signed, indicating the entrant’s first and last name, telephone number, institution of higher education, degree pursued, graduation date, student identification number, e-mail address, shoe size, and agreement to comply with these Rules; and (2) an essay, not to exceed 500 words, in the provided application text box describing your journey as a nurse or to becoming a nurse, reflect on an experience that describes "This is what happy looks like". The submission must be the entrant’s original creation and one-hundred percent (100%) owned by the entrant. The submission must not have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means. Essays with poor spelling and/or grammar, or excessive typographical errors, will not be considered. Limit one (1) submission per entrant during the Contest Period; submissions received from any person or e-mail address in excess of the stated limit will be void. By uploading a submission, entrant grants to PEPPER GATE, its licensees and assigns a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions, in whole or in part, and otherwise exploit the submission in all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in any way PEPPER GATE sees fit including, but not limited to, entertainment, instruction/education, promotional, advertising and/or marketing purposes. In connection with all rights granted herein, PEPPER GATE, its licensees, and assigns shall also have the irrevocable right to incorporate submissions, in whole or in part, into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for PEPPER GATE or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the submission. Proof of submission will not be deemed proof of receipt by PEPPER GATE.
- Content Restrictions. The submission must not: (1) contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, to be determined at PEPPER GATE’s sole and absolute discretion; (2) contain any material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, and/or defamatory, to be determined at PEPPER GATE’s sole and absolute discretion; (3) contain material that violates, misappropriates, or infringes upon any law or regulation, or the rights of any third party, including any copyright, trademark, or any rights of publicity or privacy, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights; (4) contain any false statements, misrepresentations, duplications or plagiarized work, to be determined at PEPPER GATE’s sole and absolute discretion; (5) disparage any person or entity, to be determined at PEPPER GATE’s sole and absolute discretion; or (6) contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the submission is created.
- Selection and Notification of Winner. PEPPER GATE reserves the absolute right, in its sole discretion, to determine which submission will win. Selection of the winning submission by PEPPER GATE will be based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): All essays will be judged on spelling and grammar, content and organization, and originality. The winner will be notified on or about September 15, 2023 via e-mail and/or telephone. To claim the prize, the winner must follow the instructions contained in his/her notification e-mail and/or telephone.
- Identity of Entrant. If a dispute arises about the identity of the entrant, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the submission at time of entry, and only the authorized account holder shall be deemed the winner of the Contest if his/her submission is deemed a winning submission. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail account by the associated e-mail address provider. The potential winner may be required to provide PEPPER GATE with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the winning submission.
- Prizes. The Contest will award two (2) prizes. For the winning submission, the prize shall be a one-time, two-thousand dollar ($2,000) nursing scholarship and one (1) pair of Alegria shoes, valued at no more than one-hundred and fifty-dollars ($150). If his/her submission wins, entrant acknowledges and agrees that the scholarship monies must be: (a) expended in the then-current school calendar period (i.e., semester or quarter) in which they are awarded; (b) issued solely in the form of a check made payable to the institution of higher education listed on entrant’s application; and (c) applied to qualified educational expenses only (tuition, school fees, books, and/or on-campus housing). The nursing scholarship and the one pair of Alegria shoes shall collectively be referred to as the “Prizes.” ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT AND/OR USE OF THE PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The Prizes will be awarded. If any of the Prizes are returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within ten (10) days after delivery of notification, the returned and/or unclaimed Prizes will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. The Prizes are not transferable and may not be used with any other promotional discount. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prizes will be permitted, except that PEPPER GATE reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for the Prizes. THE PRIZES ARE AWARDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
- General Release. By entering the Contest, entrant releases PEPPER GATE and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any of the Prizes (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Publicity Rights. Except where prohibited by law, entrant acknowledges and agrees that by uploading a submission for the Contest, entrant grants PEPPER GATE the permission and consent to use entrant’s name, likeness, biographical data, and/or any information contained in his/her submission in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes PEPPER GATE deems appropriate—including, without limitation, for promotional, advertising, marketing and publicity purposes without further permission, notice, review, approval or compensation. Nothing contained in these Rules obligates PEPPER GATE to make use of any of the rights granted herein, and entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
- Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any of the Prizes, entrant may (in PEPPER GATE's sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to PEPPER GATE a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by PEPPER GATE in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For the Winner List, entrant is to send an email with subject line: “ALEGRIA BY PG LITE® Nursing Scholarship Winner List Request” to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying entrant’s name and date of submission. To obtain a copy of these Rules, send an email with subject line: “ALEGRIA BY PG LITE® Nursing Scholarship Rules Request” to email@example.com.
- Intellectual Property Notice. PEPPER GATE®, ALEGRIA BY PG LITE®, and THIS IS WHAT HAPPY LOOKS LIKE® are trademarks of PEPPER GATE. All rights reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Contest and these Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the State of California, U.S.A. Any legal action, suit, proceeding or dispute in connection with this Contest will be brought and resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts of San Bernardino County in the State of California and each entrant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these courts with respect to any legal actions, suits, proceedings or disputes arising out of or related to the Contest. Entrants agree to be bound by these Rules and by the decisions of PEPPER GATE, which are final and binding in all respects. PEPPER GATE reserves the right to change these Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant's participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond PEPPER GATE's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, or PEPPER GATE otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole and absolute discretion) incapable of running the Contest as planned, in which event the Prize will be awarded via the judging process outlined in these Rules, from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, PEPPER GATE reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Contest at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Rules; violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Contest; tamper with the operation of the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to PEPPER GATE, the Contest, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in PEPPER GATE's sole and absolute discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Contest. PEPPER GATE reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Contest. Any provision of these Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Rules or the Contest, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to ALEGRIA BY PG LITE® Nursing Scholarship Contest Questions, Pepper Gate Footwear, Inc., 910 S. Wanamaker Avenue, Ontario, CA 91761.
- Contest Sponsor: Pepper Gate Footwear, Inc., 910 S. Wanamaker Avenue, Ontario, CA 91761. PEPPER GATE is a distributor of quality comfort footwear.